What is Reiki?
Reiki is pronounced "ray'-key", "rei" meaning spirit and "ki" meaning energy. Reiki is spiritual energy that is all around us and in us, everything is made up of energy. It is also the name for an ancient Japanese technique rediscovered by Dr. Mikao Usui in the late 1800s first used for spiritual development. This energy travels through a practitioner to the animal who needs healing. Practitioners are not healers, we simply channel the energy from the universe.
Reiki is a gentle, non-invasive healing technique that all animals can benefit from. It is safe, effective and can do no harm. Reiki is always "offered" never forced, each animal makes his or her own choice to take as much or as little energy as needed. Reiki balances the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual aspects of animals by releasing energy blockages which create imbalance and dis-ease. When this energy is balanced and flowing the animal is able to heal itself. Animals respond quickly to the ease the Reiki produces on these levels, often harmonizing seemingly difficult and impossible attitudes and conditions.
Spirit Of the Wolf
Animal Reiki Practitioner/Teacher
Energy Healing For Pets
Discover The Healing Benefits of Reiki
How Will My Pet Respond To Reiki?
Reiki is always safe and comfortable. Animals are much more sensitive to the energy than humans, and they usually feel it immediately and strongly. For some animals, a hands-on treatment is too intense and they prefer a treatment from across the room or lying next to me.
While receiving a Reiki most pets will yawn, sigh or fall asleep which means it's a release for them. Your pet may also stop what he is doing and look intently at me and come over to sniff or lick my hands. This is because they sense where the energy is flowing the strongest. Treatments are given in your home where your pet is most comfortable.
This is Rocky showing you what a "Reiki Nap" looks like.
Reiki has helped him overcome his fear of humans. I rescued him as a 10 week old feral kitten and now I can now pet him anytime, especially behind the ears! He also loves to snuggle in bed...oh how he purrs!
How Will Reiki Benefit My Pet?
• Reiki works by creating a relaxation response so the body can
• Reiki reduces stress and anxiety while creating a sense of
well being and balance.
• Reiki speeds recovery from surgery, injury and illness.
• Reiki helps balance emotions such as fear, anxiety, aggression depression and other behavioral issues.
• Reiki is a safe complement to other alternative therapies, such as flower essences and homeopathy, or conventional veterinary medicine.
• Reiki can reduce the side effects of chemotherapy and support an acupuncture treatment.
• Reiki gives the animal energy so that it can heal faster by working on the root cause and effect of the problem.
• Reiki helps physical healing by decreasing pain, stress and nervousness and provides which in turn triggers the bodies natural healing abilities.
• Reiki maintains health in healthy animals.
• Reiki helps to heal the spirit, bringing animals back to a state of trust and connection, which builds their confidence with people and other animals.
• Reiki offers gentle loving support and comfort which can give your pet relief from pain, fear and anxiety, thus easing their transition to spirit.
For a free phone consultation and to schedule your appointment call today!
Spirit of The Wolf
Serving Southwest Florida
All contents of this website copyright Donna Weaver, Animal Reiki Practitioner
How Many Treatments Will My Pet Need?
Reiki works in a cumulative manner, so you will see a quicker change the more often your pet has reiki. At first, your pet may need 3 treatments per week, and as progress is made he or she may only need 2 per week and so on, until a maintenance schedule is reached.
Just as each pet is unique, so is their illness or situation. We will work out a plan based on the best interests of your pet.
A "Reiki Nap"